Many factors combine to make a corporate transaction successful: deal terms, legal issues and regulatory considerations. Communications, while often overlooked, is also a critical component. A well-crafted and executed communications strategy can often make the difference between success and failure on everything from securing shareholder approval for an acquisition to successfully defending an unsolicited takeover bid.
TMX Equicom has unparalleled relationships within the professional investment community and a deep understanding of the capital markets and the media. Because we are interacting with the Street every day, we are perfectly positioned to help a company develop compelling messages that will resonate with and persuade investors, analysts, financial media and employees to support management’s position. We understand that getting your messages right in the media is important to success. But unlike many public relations or communications firms, which focus principally on the media, TMX Equicom brings a broad perspective to M&A engagements. Our constant interaction with the investment community means our clients benefit from our understanding and experience in all of the key areas – from high-level strategic messaging to media relations, regulatory issues, and investor outreach.
Why NATIONAL Equicom?
- We carefully select a team from our group of seasoned consultants, giving you depth and breadth of experience and insight.
- We provide a broad perspective that reflects all key stakeholders: investors, analysts, media, and employees.
- We have end-to-end capabilities in-house (strategic consulting, media relations, creative services).
- We have superior relationships in the professional investment community and work closely with investment bankers and lawyers on a day-to-day basis.
Our M&A Services
- Strategic communications counsel for:
- Solicited or unsolicited takeovers
- Proxy contests
- Shareholder activism
- Corporate restructuring
- Message development
- Development of communications strategy
- Media relations, including media training
- Q&A prep
- Transaction-specific websites
- News releases and shareholder letters
- Presentation development
- Investment community conference calls/webcasts
- Borealis Infrastructure (OMERS)
- Bridgewater Systems
- CML Healthcare
- Gateway Casinos
- Liquor Barn
- TMX Group
- SXC Health Solutions
- Vincor International
- West 49